We’re all a little weird. And life is weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we fall into mutually satisfying weirdness, and call it love... true love. - Robert Fulghum

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Once. Upon. A. Time

A poem
When I throw myself at you
I don’t feel you there
To catch me with brilliant arms
And I fall to the earth.
Is it we who cannot feel cannot see cannot meet
or you who have gone?
Lying there a time, seconds spilling into days.
(Instead)
This time
 I will watch me
Lift up and walk away.

Another poem
My words are tangled in purgatory
They reach for the good and fall heavily to the floor
They fall heavily and shatter into a million glass splinters whose pain
Is felt everywhere.

Poem 3
Each moment weighs upon my chest
A boulder of ice melting drip by drip
My breath is short and I am
Cold.

Freed.
After many minutes hours asanas I melt into a twist. At the same time that my sweating body sinks unwinding spilling onto the earth;
so too begins warm teardrops sliding down my open face.
This is my yoga today here.
Closed joints breathing open creating space in blocks of pent up energy cracking open emotional scar tissue respinning rusty old chakra wheels.
Present
see
feel
observe the sensations thoughts emotions that arise.
Emerging patterns appear vividly unattractive,
this self jumps out like a jack-in-the-box …scary, and then almost nothing once it is exposed.
The strength I need to mindfully standby or
standlow
and let the unbridled eruption belch out is the practice of letting go.
This time this era this on the mat
eons of unconscious springs up is felt and coddled and processed and I become
I am
the soft featherlike sweet beauty of breath of lightsunlight a streaming body dancing, existing, being here
now
on
this
earth.

1 comment: